The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends

 

 

 

Present number/name

Pre-1936 number/name

Pre-1893 number/name

21

21

West Dean

TIMELINE

21 The Vineyard

1771 Richardson Manor map shows the site to be owned by Late Michels Trust.
1842 Driver map shows no building at this date
 1861  Census: William Sanders, House Proprietor, his wife and a visitor
1865 OS map shows a brick cottage
1865 Whibleys: Sanders W
 1871 Census: William Sanders, late toll keeper of Richmond Bridge, and housekeeper.
1874 Wood: Sanders, William
 1881  Census: George Tizard, watchmaker, his wife and 2 children
1891 Census: Arthur Bristow, ironmonger's assistant, his wife, a visitor and a lodger.
1901 Census: Arthur Masey, Barrister at Law, his wife and 2 children
 1910-15  Valuation Office Survey

Description: House, garden,
Occupier: G F Eve
Owner: Clerk of Michel Trustees
Interest of owner: Freehold
Subordinate interest: Mrs C.E. Host lease 62.5 years from 25/06/1852
Occupier's tenancy: weekly
Gross Value: £360

1911 Census: Arthur Atkinson, sculptor (artist) and his wife

 

Previous House
Next House
Navigation