The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends



Present number/name



Pre-1936 number / name

Pre-1893 number/name





 1891  Plan for new build
1894 Built after Salcombe Villas and Leslie Villa after Vineyard Passage was diverted and straitened. The site was previously part of Vineyard House garden though it might also have been used by the original dwelling replaced by the new Leslie Villa and Leslie Lodge.

 Plan for new build (also shows site of Leslie Cottage). A proposed shop is included at the rear.

Page 2

 1896  Plan of Amended Frontage
1901 Census: unoccupied
1911  Census: Capt O von Klitzing, Army Tutor, born in Germany and naturalised British, his wife, daughter, and Australian lodger. Also Mary Mitchell, nurse, her 2 daughters and a grand-daughter.
Previous House
Next House