The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends

 

Present number/name

Pre-1936 number/name

Pre-1893 number/name

25

25

2 Vineyard Villas

TIMELINE

23 and 25 The Vineyard

1771 Richardson Manor map shows the site to be owned by Late Michels Trust.
1842 Driver map shows no building at this date
1861 Census: William Crow, Gardener, his wife, a visitor and a lodger.
1865 OS map shows a houses built
1865 Whibleys:  Crow H
1871 Census: Elizabeth Crow, widow and lodging house keeper, her 8 year-old son, 2 widow lodgers, one with a baby.
1874 Wood: Crow Mrs.
1881 Census: Elizabeth Crow, widow and lodging house keeper, and 1 lodger
1891  Census: Elizabeth Crow, widow and lodging house keeper, a boarder and 1 lodger
 1901  Census: Clara Coutts, living on own means, and a servant
 1911  Census:  Clara Coutts, living on own means.
 1910-15  Valuation Office Survey

Description: House, garden,
Occupier: Mrs C Coutts
Owner: Clerk of Michel Trustees
Interest of owner: Freehold
Subordinate interests: Miss J Marghrie, 1 King Edward Gdns, Acton Hill leasehold 62.5 years from 25/03/1852
Occupier's tenancy: yearly
Gross Value: £500

2000 Loft conversion and parking on front garden

 

Previous House
Next House
Navigation