The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends


Present number/name

Pre-1936 number/name

Pre-1893 number/name



Michels Villa


Vineyard Surgery, 35


 First rate payment for a cottage occupied by James Snell.


Richardson Manor map shows plot number 389 had a cottage. The Owners were the trustees of Michels Almshouses.


This cottage, built of wood, still appears on the 1841 Driver map.


Whibleys: Parisot, Alex


OS map shows new Michels Villa.


 Michels Villa listed on the census as empty


Wood: Martin, Charles


 Census: Charles Martin, Brewer's Agent, his wife, a niece servant, 3 lodgers, a visitor and a lodger's servant


 Census: Fanny Reynolds, Letting furnished apartments, her son and a boarder.


 Census: John Morris, Clergyman (Church of England), his wife and a servant


 Valuation Office Survey

Description: House, garden,
Occupier: not stated
Owner: Clerk of Michel Trustees
Interest of owner: Freehold
Gross Value: £630


 Census: Victor Raab, travelling for firm of general merchants for colour and paint brushes, his wife, 2 daughters and a servant.


Change of use to Doctors' surgery.


Previous House
Next House