The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends

 

Present number/name

Pre-1936 number/name

 

Pre-1893 number/name

 

39

39

3 Vineyard Terrace

TIMELINE

41 - 43 The Vineyard

39-43 The Vineyard

1771

Richardson Manor map shows a narrow freehold building using the full depth of plot number 398.

Owned: James Clutterbuck Lessee: Wm Patonn. These are the same as owned Hope House across the road. Premises were a coachhouse with stables and yard.

1842 Driver map shows the building was built from wood.
1871 Census: probable site of 'stables with coachmans room over' occupied by Henry Morley, groom, and his family.
1876  Offer for sale of 'several freehold and copyhold residences, stables and premises situate in the The Vineyard'.
1877  Building of 1-3 The Terrace, now numbers 39-43
1881 Census:  Elizabeth Cormick, Lodging House Keeper and one boarder
 1891 Census: Alfred Uden, bootmaker, his wife, grandson and a lodger
1895 OS maps shows the present configuration with a stable yard runnning behind the 3 houses of Vineyard Terrace
1895 Kelly: 39 Uden Alfred, bootmaker
 1901  Census: Alfred Uden, bootmaker, his wife, grandson and a lodger plus 2 other families.
1904 Kelly: 39 Uden Alfred, bootmaker
 1910-15  Valuation Office Survey

Description: House, garden,
Occupier: A. Uden
Owner: E,H.H. Maxwell, Kingsclere, Kings Road, Richmond
Interest of owner: Freehold
Occupier's tenancy: weekly
Gross Value: £295

1911 Census: James Quinell, bootmaker and repairer, 4 children and 2 boarders.

See notes on her house history of no 43 by Ros Aitken

 

Previous House
Next House
Navigation