The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends

 

 

 

Present number/name Pre-1936 number / name Pre-1893 number/name

48

Chartreuse

Chartreuse

TIMELINE

Chartreuse, 48 The Vineyard

1867

This OS map shows the future Grosvenor Road laid out for the first time but no buildings round it.

 1874

Wood: Henry Gardiner

 1881

 Census: Giles Roper, member RCS & C & C (not practicing), his daughter and 2 servants.

 1891

 Census: Emma McGill, Teacher of Painting, her daughter, 2 boarders, 3 visitors and a servant.

 1895

Kelly: Braund Jn, artist

 c 1895

House was supposedly designed for the personal use of the developer of Mount Ararat Road

1896

Map shows Grosvenor Road nearly fully built.

 1901

 Census: John Braund, Own account / Artist, his wife, 2 children and a servant.

c.1900

The house was rented for use by one/two Roman Catholic priests for whomthe Presbytery by the church was no longer sufficient.
 1910-15  Valuation Office Survey

Description: House, garden,
Occupier: Mrs L. Brewer
Owner: F.W. Brewer The Green, Richmond
Interest of owner: Freehold
Occupier's tenancy: tenancy at will or for life
Gross Value: £720

 1911

 Census: Ida Lavinia Brewer, her daughter, a housekeeper and servant

c.1955

Bought by Phil Moore who passed it to his wife, Cathy, on his death about 1986.  She in turn gifted it to her daughter and son-in-law about 2000
Previous House
Next House

 

Navigation