The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends

 
Present number/name Pre-1936 number / name Pre-1893 number/name

46

44, Gloucester Cottage

Gloucester Cottage

TIMELINE

46 The Vineyard

1867 This OS map shows the future Grosvenor Road laid out for the first time but no buildings round it.
 1874  Callis, John, boat builder
 1881 Census: John Callis, waterman, his wife and daughter.
 1895 Kelly: Hughes Robert William, joiner & undertaker
1896 Map shows Grosvenor Road nearly fully built.  Gloucester Cottage had an outbuilding at the opposite end of its garden
 1901  Census: treats 46 & 48 as the same residence for John Braund, Artist. perhaps the cottage was his studio?
1904 Kelly: Danvers T., cabinet maker
 1910-15  Valuation Office Survey

Description: House,
Occupier: J. Thibballs
Owner: Mr Sam Pearmund 30 Friars Style Road, Richmond
Interest of owner: Freehold
Occupier's tenancy: 17 years
Gross Value: £600

 1911  Census: George Tibballs, Builder & decorator (jobbing), his wife & 4 children.
1970s Small electrical repairs business operated from ground floor.
1987 Permission for  Demolition of existing builders shed and erection of a single business workshop/studio (25 sq m). Use of whole of existing cottage as offices.
1998

46 Gloucester Cottage

1994 Change of use to residential for whole property, erection of new garage, two story rear extension and rear conservatory. 

 

Previous House
Next House
Navigation