The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends


Pre - 1950 Photos

 (Click on the photos to enlarge. They will open in a new window)


 28 The Vineyard


28 after Cole Bros upgrade 


Clarence House school

 No 28 in 1901

Cole Bros, Plumbers & Decorators
22 Halford Road also at Vine Lodge, The Vineyard


 No 28 in 1901

After Cole Bros had modified the shop front

 No 2, Clarence House in 1910

 when it was a school


Vineyard churches


St Elizabeth's from Lancaster Park


Bishop Duppa's bomb damage

 The Congregational Church and St Elizabeth of Portugal

Old postcard

St Elizabeth's spire from Lancaster Park

Old postcard

 Bishop Duppas Almshouses in 1940

Bomb damage


Halford House in 1868


 Suffragette Funeral in the Vineyard


 Halford House in 1868

This photo is republished from The Listener in 1936

 Possibly a suffragette's funeral given the women pall-bearers. Date 1910-14?


 Go to Post-1950 Photos