The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends

 

 

 

Present number/name Pre-1936 number / name Pre-1893 number/name

The Duke's Head, 42

The Duke's Head

The Duke's Head

TIMELINE

The Duke's Head, 44

 1867

 This OS map shows the future Grosvenor Road laid out for the first time but no buildings round it.

 1874

 Peck, Francis

 1881

 Census: Harry Alexander, Licensed Victualler, his brother, sister-in-law, visitor and servant.

 1891

Census: Edward Vyse, Licensed Victualler, his wife, niece, 1 domestic servant and a potman.

 1896

 Map shows the pub clearly marked and Grosvenor Road nearly fully built

 1901

 Census: Thomas Griffiths, Licensed Victualler, 3 children, his father, a cook and a potman.

 1904

Kelly: Thos. Ford

 1910-15

 Valuation Office Survey

Description: Public House,
Occupier: A. Sheppard
Owner: Royal Brewery Brentford
Interest of owner: Freehold
Gross Value: £2750

 1911

 Census: Albert Benjamin Shepard, publican, his wife, a barmaid and a domestic servant.

 1911

 Plan of extension right up to The Ark next door.

 

Previous House
Next House
Navigation