The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends

 

Present number/name

Pre-1936 number/name

Pre-1893 number/name

Vine Lodge, 15

Vine Lodge, 15

Vine Lodge

TIMELINE

Thumb 15

1771 Richardson Manor map shows the site to be owned by Late Michels Trust.
1842 Driver map shows a brick cottage next door between No 13 and a wider but less deep house at what is now 17.
 1861  Census: William Wilson, Morter CarpenterEmployer, his wife, daughter, 2 sons and a lodger.
1865 The OS map shows the house now slightly back from the road where the previous map suggested it gave directly onto the road
 1865  Whibleys: Wilson Wm, builder; Webster Mrs B.
 1871 Census: William Wilson, builder, his wife, and a lodger who was a short-hand writer.
 1874 Wood: Wilson, William, carpenter and builder (Vine Cottage)
 1881  Census: William Wilson, builder and his wife
 1891  Census: William Wilson, builder and his wife
1901

28 The Vineyard with Cole Bros sign

 

 

One of the Cole Bros lived here whose office was at 28 The Vineyard as shown by the sign by the office door. 

1901 Census: Philip Cole, Plumber & Decorator and his wife
 1910-15  Valuation Office Survey

Description: House, garden
Occupier: Miss J Duncan
Owner: Clerk to Trustees of Michel's Charity
Interest of owner: Freehold
Occupier's tenancy: 3 years from 25/03/1904
Gross Value: £360
Notes: detached, old fashioned

1911 Census: Jane Duncan, formerly a governess.

 

Previous House
Next House
Navigation